Student Support Services
Harrisonburg City Schools
One Court Square
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
The Student Support Services Department is staffed by:
- Ethan Zook, Student Support Services Coordinator
- Denise Allen, Assistant for Special Programs and Student Services
- Peggy Layman, School Psychologist - SSES
- Maria Toggas, School Psychologist - KES and SMES
- April Howard, School Psychologist - THMS and WES
- Kassidy Haslacker, School Psychologist - SKMS
- Erin King, School Psychologist - SES
- Judith Troutman, School Social Worker - HHS and WES
- Andrea Meredith, School Social Worker - THMS and SKMS
- Wendy Malvaez, Liaison/Social Worker - SMES and SES
- Robin Farthing, Visiting Teacher - KES and SSES
Instruction is the primary business of Harrisonburg City Public Schools and with that in mind the Student Support Services team will work toward the development of educational policies and procedures that will assure our schools' at risk children and youth their successful completion of Virginia's educational accountability system.
The Student Support Services team will also work toward the development of school-family-community partnerships that will support Harrisonburg City Public School children and youth to succeed in school through improved access to effective community resources, programs and services, and improved family involvement in and support for schools.
Through these efforts we will strive for Harrisonburg City Public School students to attain positive post-school results.