Harrisonburg City Public Schools offers numerous professional development opportunities and college credit courses to our staff.
- Virginia School-University Partnership Conferences - throughout Fall 2014
- From PossAbilities to Practical Applications Educational Conference - Feb. 7, 2015
- VASCD is offering professional development on performance-based assessment models for Winter/Spring 2015. More information along with registration links for these programs and many others can be found at vascd.org.
- Building and Using High Quality Classroom Performance Assessment-Teachers will be provided a foundational understanding of the components and qualities of performance assessment. Begins Jan. 20th Charlottesville
- Performance Assessment Design for Teachers - Hands on workshop where teachers will use the GRASP model to construct a draft of a performance assessment for their classroom. Jan. 30th Charlottesville
- Webinar with Sue Brookhart, ASCD author. - Focuses on varying performance to tap higher-order thinking skills. The second, a week later, works on using rubrics to guide instruction and grading. First session Feb. 18th for 90 minutes
- Getting Scoring Right: How to Calibrate Assessment Scores for Reliability - Bring samples of student work. Teachers learn and practice a research-based calibration process to maximize reliable scoring. June 23rd, Richmond.
- Coursera - free online courses
- Project TEACH
- Technology Road Shows
- NETS*T Certification
- For further information on Project TEACH, Technology Road Shows, or NETS*T Certification, contact Toni Sheets.
Mentor Program Handbook